One of the most frightening experiences a driver can face on the road is a blown-out tire. However, the process of replacing a tire that suddenly goes flat is not that difficult, especially when you keep a level head. By following these 12 simple steps to change a tire, you can be rolling along in no time flat!
- First, find somewhere you can safely pull over and park.
- Activate your hazard lights.
- Loosen the lug nuts with a wrench, but do not remove them yet!
- Lift your vehicle 6 inches off of the ground near the tire using a jack.
- Remove the loosened lug nuts.
- Remove the tire.
- Locate you vehicle’s spare tire.
- Carefully place the spare tire into the empty tire space.
- Place the lug nuts back onto the tire space without tightening them.
- Use the jack to lower the vehicle back down to the ground.
- Tighten the lug nuts with a wrench.
- Place the blown out tire in the vehicle’s trunk.
That’s all you have to do to get back on the road!